Palliative Care – 5 Day course
Palliative Care has now been introduced into the National Health Care system and we find that more and more people, whether in their workplace or because of personal circumstances, now want to learn the skills around providing palliative care. Stepping Stone Hospice is therefore hosting a 5-day "Introduction to Palliative Care" course in October and you are more than welcome to register.
The course is 40-hours running over five days (and on the successful completion of the course a certificate of completion will be issued).
Topics to be covered over the five days include:
- Principles of Palliative Care and Palliative Care and Ethics and End of Life Decision Making
- Communication Skills and the Team and Family
- Pain Assessment and Management and other Symptom Management
- Culture, Spirituality, Sexuality, Care of the Caregiver
- Loss, Grief and Bereavement
Cost to attend the course is R3 500 per person and the dates are 19, 20 and 21 October (online) and 27 & 28 October (face to face).
Venue: Stepping Stone Hospice & Care Services, 15 Heidelberg Road, cnr Ascot Rd, Newmarket Park
Download Registration Form