Home Based Care Assistant (NQF 2) – 6 months full time
The qualification allows the learner to work as an assistant home based carer and focusses predominantly on practical aspects of care while receiving professional supervision and support from the training team.
A home based carer provides supervised care and support to patients and household members in the home, in order to promote, restore and maintain a person’s comfort, function, spiritual wellbeing and physical health including care towards a dignified death.
The work of a home based carer focusses on therapeutic work, rehabilitative work, long term maintenance and palliative care.
All these tasks require time and commitment, and imply a longer-term relationship with clients/patients.
Overarching learning outcomes:
- Learners will be assessed on their ability to achieve the following learning outcomes:
- Provide holistic care and support to patient and household members
- Communicate effectively with patients and household members
- Operate effectively and efficiently within a multi-disciplinary team context
- Recognise when to refer, and who to refer to whom, and why
- Complete a generic guideline report/template on patient care
Cost: R18 000
Download Registration Form