Meet The Management Team
Sr. Sheryl Newman
Deirdre van Eeden
Administrative Assistant - Jan 2020
A vacancy exits for a responsible Administrative Assistant to perform a variety of general administrative duties and clerical tasks and to provide support to Clinical Department. The ideal candidate should have excellent oral and written communication skills and be able to organize their work using tools, like MS Excel to ensure the efficient and smooth day-to-day operation of the department.
- Co-ordinate communication within the Clinical Department
- Organise and schedule appointments
- Plan meetings and take detailed minutes
- Assist in the preparation of regularly scheduled reports and statistics
- Develop and maintain a filing system
- Update and maintain Department policies and procedures
- Copy and forward patient and ward scripts, filing and follow up
- Requesting of reports and motivations for patients, donations, purchases etc.
- Sending RIP letters to doctors of deceased patients
- Liaise between Clinical Manager and doctors for any scripts or info required
- Type and distribute Community and IPU patient lists
- Administration- typing, filing, photocopying, taking messages, relieve switchboard and reception
- Stock control and orders of food and cleaning materials, stationery for department
- Maintain weekly/monthly staff rosters – Off duties
- Diary management
- In-service training diary and co-coordination
- Auditing time sheets and mileage from community sisters
- Coordinate leave process for the department
- Proven experience as an administrative or office assistant or secretary in a medical environment preferable
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures
- Working knowledge of office equipment
- Proficiency in MS Office (MS Excel and MS PowerPoint, in particular)
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task
- Matric Certificate; additional qualification in Administration will be an advantage
Junior reporter - Jan 2020
A vacancy exits for a passionate and energetic Reporter to join our Marketing & Fundraising team. In addition to being a natural storyteller, the successful applicant must be able to demonstrate an ability to write human interest articles and feature stories.
- Conduct and schedule interviews. The Reporter must have done research in advance and be prepared to ask pointed and interesting questions of the interview subject
- Take photographs to compliment articles
- Plan, edit, and write stories and articles for print media and social media
- Verify information provided by interviewees
- Follow news events and other media sources related to Hospice activities
- Generate relevant new and interesting news stories to cover
- Assess leads and pitch captivating story ideas to Marketing & Fundraising Manager.
- Ensure that you meet all regular and recurring deadlines.
- Review and edit work for editorial approval.
- Adhere to the ethical code of the profession.
- Keep records off all notes, interviews, and audio files.
- Assist with writing of marketing material content
- Create trustworthy relationships with contacts and sources for use in future research.
- Assist with the design and execution of social media campaigns
- Create weekly and monthly editorial calendars to promote the organisation on various social media platforms and print media
- Create and distribute content such as blogs, infographics, videos and press releases on social media and traditional news outlets
- Support marketing team at events
- Increase the number of followers we have on social media
- Works closely with Marketing Manager to create engaging content for Hospice social media presence, including keeping social media channels updated and brand-focused, and seeking out new social media avenues and ways of connecting with audiences
- Writes and distributes e-newsletters
- Uses timelines and scheduled content to create a consistent stream of new content for audience interaction while analysing, managing, and altering schedules where necessary to optimize visits
- Relevant qualification in Journalism / communications
- Experience as a Reporter or similar role
- Social Media experience
- Photographic experience
- Be passionate about writing and creating interesting stories
- Provide a portfolio of published articles
- Strong knowledge of media processes
- Good time-management skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong communication and writing skills with excellent command of English
- All candidates must be willing to work after hours when required
- All candidates must provide their own transport and valid driver’s license
Receptionist - Jan 2020
A vacancy exits for a Receptionist to manage our front desk on a daily basis and to perform a variety of administrative and clerical tasks.
As a Receptionist, you will be the first point of contact for our organisation. Duties include offering administrative support across the organization. You will welcome guests and greet visitors to Hospice. You will also coordinate front-desk activities, including distributing correspondence and redirecting phone calls.
To be successful as a Receptionist, you should have a pleasant personality, as this is also a customer service role. You should also be able to deal with emergencies in a timely and effective manner, while streamlining office operations. Multitasking and stress management skills are essential for this position.
- Greet and welcome guests as soon as they arrive at the office
- Direct visitors to the appropriate person/office/patient
- Answer, screen and forward incoming phone calls
- Ensure reception area is tidy and presentable, with all necessary stationery and material (e.g. pens, forms and brochures)
- Provide basic and accurate information in-person and via phone/email
- Maintain office security by following safety procedures and controlling access via the reception desk
- Receive donations and ensure record keeping of donations
- Receipting of cash donations
- Perform other clerical receptionist duties such as filing and photocopying
- Proven work experience as a Receptionist, Front Office Representative or similar role, with experience in a medical environment preferable
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Professional attitude and appearance
- Solid written and verbal communication skills in English
- Ability to be resourceful and proactive when issues arise
- Excellent organizational skills
- Multitasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks
- Customer service attitude
- Matric Certificate; additional certification in Office Management is a plus