[widgetkit id=”131″ name=”article – Ride for a Purpose”]
The closing date for Charity entries is 20 August 2018.
Stepping Stone Hospice is aiming for over 100 riders this year – with your help we can surely achieve it!
Why ride for us?
The advantages of being part of the Stepping Stone Hospice Charity (SSH) include:
- This team is now the proud owner of the Blue Jersey – what an honour!
- A more favourable start time (usually between 08:30 – 09:15). This is a big advantage for novice cyclists who don’t have a seeding and would perhaps like to start a little earlier than the average novice.
- Help from more experienced riders. There are advanced cyclists willing to assist novice riders to prepare them for the Cycle Challenge.
- To help raise funds for us and create an awareness of what we do. SSH provides specialist palliative care to people experiencing the impact of life-limiting illness. We also assist the family/caregivers through this experience and bring solace to those grieving the death of loved one. Many of our cyclists ride, not only to help raise funds for our hospice, but also in loving memory of people close to them.
As the purpose of the race is ultimately to raise funds, each cyclist that rides for us is requested to secure a minimum sponsorship of R1 500 (previously R2 500). We have decided to minimize the sponsorship as we understand that it is not always easy to raise funds, especially if you plan to ride as family in support of SSH. There are various ways of raising these funds:
- Cyclists can ask for corporate sponsorships – we are able to provide each cyclist that rides for SSH with a sponsorship letter confirming their spot in the team, as well as all the documents such a sponsor may require (i.e. an NPO Certificate and a copy of our 18A Tax Certificate).
- Cyclists can raise funds by way of donations or by being sponsored per kilometer that they ride leading up to the event and on Cycle Challenge day by their family and/or friends.
- Cyclists can organize events like a Spinathon/Golf Days/Walks to raise funds.
- Cyclists can host a fun event such as a music trivia night or something similar.
Please contact Stepping Stone Hospice’s Charity Team Leader, Judy Joubert, if you’d like to join our team or need more information, on 072 236 9090 or e-mail email@example.com.
All the information regarding the races can be found on www.cyclechallenge.co.za. Some of you have already notified our Team Leader, Judy Joubert, that you have entered but have been unable to link the SSH Charity as yet. If you are one of these riders, please could you be so kind as to send/confirm with Judy again, with your full name and surname as well as ID number in order for her to link you.