Introduction to Palliative Care
Stepping Stone Hospice is offering a course on Introduction to Palliative Care in April/May 2018 and invite you to register.
This course is designed to provide participants with the knowledge and skills to provide basic palliative care. It responds to the World Health Assembly Resolution 67.19 that recommends that all health professionals undertake basic training in palliative care.
This is a 40-hour course, presented, and on completion of the course there will be a certificate of completion.
Who should attend? Professional Nurses, Enrolled Nurses and Multidisciplinary Teams
The 5 days will involve:
- Principles of Palliative Care and Palliative Care and Ethics and End of Life Decision Making
- Communication Skills and the Team and Family
- Pain Assessment and Management and other Symptom Management
- Culture, Spirituality, Sexuality, Care of the Caregiver
- Loss, Grief and Bereavement, Care of the Caregiver
- Workplace Pain Assessment Tasks and Reflections
Course Cost: R2 500
Trainer: Fiona Shraga
Course Dates: 8, 9, 15, 16 and 22 May 2018
Time: Daily, as above, from 08h30 to 15h30
Venue: Stepping Stone Hospice & Care Services, 15 Heidelberg Road, Newmarket Park
Refreshments and lunch will be served.